Put light where you need it, when you need it!
mobile, positionable, and cord free
Beta QRv2 flaslight not included!
- New cup magnet: Prevents magnetic debris from collecting on the back side of the magnet because a cup magnet only has magnetic force on the face of the magnet.
- New rubber boot: Prevents marring of delicate surfaces. It does reduce the magnetic force slightly. The boot can be removed for firmer attachment. If magnetic debris gets stuck to the boot you can just remove it and clean it.
- Brass fittings: Magnet attachment and flashlight attachment machined in-house.
- Loc Line: segments can be separated and reattached to make the Beta Flex Arm as long (or short) as you need. Our marking laser has a light installed with only two Loc Line segments because of the small interior space (see last photo).
The Beta Flex Arm lets you get more out of your Beta QRv2 Flashlight. The arm snaps into the QR receptacle on the back of your Beta light and a strong Neodymium magnet holds the arm to any magnetic surface. Two silicone pads are included if you need scratch-free attachment.
The arm is an industrial product from Loc-Line. It's commonly used in machine tools and other industrial applications. The material is chemically resistant to petroleum products, coolants, and most common chemicals. It's quite expensive but it will take whatever you can throw at it.
The brass connector is machined in house and features a small o-ring that helps keep the entire light from twisting when you activate the head. If the main o-ring on your actual light is not well maintained (lubricated) then you may need to use two hands to activate the light.
- I always have the Beta on my keys and I keep a Flex Arm in my glove box just in case I need to look under the hood or change a tire in the dark.
- I also keep a Beta, pack of rechargeable batteries, and Flex Arm in my tool bag at home.
- We use a number of Flex Arms around the shop as mobile task lighting, or even fixed to different tools that didn't come with lights.
If you use rechargeable batteries (I know you are) then you've got a task light that is mobile, positionable, and cord free! Yep, awesome.
- You may need to be smart when positioning the Flex Arm so that isn't easily dislodged. The further the light is from the magnetic base, the more of a lever you are creating. Keep things compact. Brass and copper lights are much heavier than the aluminum (black and nickel) Betas. Be advised.
- If you need to reduce the length of the arm, no problem! You can break a joint by bending the segments. Snapping them back together is tough, but it helps if you can push against a surface.
|Arm Material||Acetal Copolymer|
|Connector Material||C360 Brass|
|Magnet||Neodymium Grade 42 (25 lbs.)|
|Where it's Made|