Shop our instagram gallery
the newest sibling in the Kappa/Beta QR family
be organized, be versatile, be classy
the inspiration: dealing with a lot of keys sucks...
Form and function are equal partner, not competitors. I've had this project in mind for a couple of years. The original Kappa QR Keychain was born out of the frustration of managing my keys. It solved most of my issues with organization, but my last problem was the fact that I want to keep my keys handy after I've removed them from the rest of my keychain. I also love pocket hooks. Time to combine the two: enter the Kappa Pocket Hook.
the solution: have it your way...
The Kappa Pocket Hook is designed to let you carry your keys however you want. When you leave you car you can pop off the Kappa Hook, your car keys, and combine the two. Walking the dog? Snap your house keys onto the hook and you are good to go. Front pocket, back pocket, outside the pocket...I'm not here to tell you what to do.
how it's made...
The Kappa Pocket Hook is machined from a solid bar of 360 brass and requires a disproportionate amount of work.
- First we make blanks on the Haas ST10-Y lathe
- Then we transfer them to the Haas VF2SS mill and machine all the cool bits on our 5C rotary indexer...one at a time...with a cycle time of 15 minutes each.
- Then they go back into the lathe to finish off the female section of the quick release that holds our proprietary canted coil spring.
- The male part of the QR is finished in two lathe operations and is the same as our standard Kappa QR Keychain.
- Next, all parts are finished in our vibratory tumbler and ultra-sonic cleaned.
- Finally, each Kappa Hook is laser engraved and then assembled.