Mini Turbo MKIII
Shop our instagram gallery
Just like the old mini turbo...but better! (20m more throw)
Introducing the third generation Mini MKIII
Check out our new 360 Headlamp bundles in the drop down!
The new Mini Turbo MKIII has all of the great features of our Mini MKIII but uses a larger "turbo" head and a new Cree XPL-HI LED to achieve 20m more throw (distance) than the previous MKII.
Developed from the ground up with enhanced Mil-Spec electronics and advanced optics, the Mini Turbo Mark III raises the bar of compact everyday carry lights.
What's new with the Mini Turbo MKIII
- User interface: similar to the previous UI but revamped for better usability and wider appeal to different owners. Details below.
- Pocket clip: The new clip is a thicker material and a standard "one way" pocket clip. We wanted the pocket clip to be awesome, but if there is demand, we may offer the old "two way" clip as an accessory.
- Body Machining: Fuller grooves were added to the body for improved rotational grip.
- Tail: It also has an all new magnetic tailcap that makes it compatible with the 360 Headlamp (Coming Soon). In the future we plan to release a non-magnetic "dummy" insert and a keychain attachment that can both replace the magnet.
- Cree LED: The MKIII features the newest Cree XPL-HI LED with neutral tint and 4500K color temperature and 75+ CRI.
- Hybrid Memory: A blend of memory and no-memory, the hybrid configuration saves the last mode used, but reverts to the first mode in the sequence when shifting out of a saved mode.
- Solid Copper (Direct Thermal) MCPCB: The LED is mounted to a solid copper PCB to provide superior thermal performance and maximum output.
- Light + Battery
- Light + Battery + Flex Charger (save $5)
- Light + Battery + 360 Headlamp (save $5)
- Light + Battery + Flex Charger + Headlamp (save $10)
- Foursevens rechargeable Li-Ion High-Discharge RCR123 battery included!
- Current Regulation
- Reverse polarity protection
- Magnetic tailcap
- 360 headlamp compatible
- Cree XPL-HI (4500K / 75+CRI)
BATTERY WARNING: You must use a Foursevens branded RCR123 High Discharge battery with all Mini MKII/III lights, if you are going to use a rechargeable battery. The light senses the higher voltage of the Li-Ion and enables the a higher output "burst" mode. Standard Li-Ion batteries cannot support the massive current drain and are dangerous to use. We've tested a variety of other "high discharge" RCR123 batteries and they failed our tests, so we had ours custom made. We can't vouch for the safety of any other batteries and recommend you do not use them.
NEW USER INTERFACE:
All Minis feature a new interface with six selectable configuration modes so you can customize your MINI specifically to your needs.
What's up with burst mode? : This feature is ported over from the flagship Prometheus Alpha Flashlights. It allows you to access maximum output at any time without scrolling through other modes. This also allows you to have maximum output when you need it, but conserve battery by using the standard high mode (60% output) for normal use.
Burst mode is activated with two very fast off/on cycles (.2 second spacing) and does not have mode memory. Burst is active for 30 seconds and then ramps down to high mode over the following 30 seconds. This is to prevent the light from overheating and damaging the LED, electronics, or battery wrapper.
All Minis are initially set to Configuration 3 with Medium/High/Burst. They can be reconfigured as often as you'd like.
Here are the possible configurations:
- Config. 1: High - (Burst 100%)
- Config. 2: Max (100%) - Strobe
- Config. 3: Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 4: Low - Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 5: High - Medium - Low - (Burst)
- Config. 6: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon - (Burst)
- Operating your Mini is simple. Make sure that the battery is inserted with the positive side (+) toward the head.
- To turn it on tighten the head fully down. The Mini Mk III will turn on when the bezel is fully tightened and turn off when the bezel is loosened.
- A quick off/on cycle changes modes
- Two very quick off/on cycles activates burst mode
- Enter configuration mode with 10 off/on cycles in less than 3 seconds. The light will begin to blink a number of times corresponding to the selected configuration. For example if you are in Config. 3: 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks. If there is no input for 5 seconds the light will exit configuration mode.
- Turn the light off for 5 seconds to save the current configuration to memory
|Dimensions||Length: 2.38 inches |
Body diameter: 0.8 inches
Head diameter: 0.96 inches
Weight (with batteries): 1.8 oz
|LED Emitter||CREE XPL-HI (4500K / 75+CRI)|
|Brightness Levels||With RCR123A High Discharge Battery: |
Low (Moonlight): 1.5 lumens, 90 hrs
Medium: 35 lumens, 9 hrs
High 300 lumens 60 min
Max/Burst 700 lumens, 50 min
|Special Modes||Strobe |
|Body Material||Type-III hard-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum|
|Lens Material||Optical-grade glass lens with antireflective coating on both sides|
|Included Accessories||RCR123 High Discharge (Li-ion Rechargeable) Battery & Spare O-Rings|
|Where it's Made|