Preon P1 MKIII Titanium
The third time is the charm: Introducing the third generation Preon P1 MKIII, the most refined preon ever.
A Foursevens staple: The third generation Preon MKIII is AAA battery powered and surprisingly bright. The Preon has been around for a long time and represents the pinacle of AAA tail switch flashlights. It's not meant to impress your friends. It's meant to deliver plenty of light when you need is most, and dissapear in your pocket when you don't. Products don't stay popular for this long without delivering the goods. Like most Foursevens lights, the Preon has been refined and updated many times over the years. The MKIII represents the end of the road, there's just nothing left to improve in this form factor. That's a bold satement and thousands of owners will back us up.
The MKIII Preon features a stronger clip with better geometry. The grooving was removed from under the pocket clip. The previous generation had a reputation as a "pocket shredder," as do many lights. The tailcap was also revamped to eliminate frequent "hot pocket," meaning the tailcap was too easily turned on while in the pocket. Finally, a High CRI Nichia LED delivers on beam quality.
Alkaline Battery Warning
Alkaline battery damage is the #1 cause of failed lights. Alkaline battery damage IS NOT covered under warranty.
Alkaline batteries will power the Preon, but we strongly discourage their use. Alkaline batteries leak and/or produce corrosive gas during use. This will destroy your flashlight. Every Preon ships with an included rechargeable NiMh battery.
Using a very fast double press, burst mode (100%) output is directly accessible from any previous level, and reverts to the last saved mode. Experts agree that most flashlights are used at lower level outputs, but sometimes you need to dial it to up. We've got you covered on both counts.
- Preon MKIII Flashlight
- GP Recyko Pro AAA battery
- 2 Spare O-rings
- Instruction Manual
Operating your Preon is simple:
- Make sure that the battery is inserted with the positive side (+) toward the head.
- To turn it on press or click the tailcap button. A press allows momentary activation of the light.
- A quick off/on cycle changes modes
- Two very quick off/on cycles activates burst mode
- Enter configuration mode with 10 on/off cycles in less than 3 seconds: The light will begin to blink a number of times corresponding to the selected configuration. For example if you are in Config. 3: 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks. If there is no input for 5 seconds the light will exit configuration mode.
- Turn the light off for 5 seconds to save the current configuration to memory
All Preons are initially set to Configuration 3 with Medium/High/Burst. They can be reconfigured as often as you'd like.
Here are the possible configurations:
- Config. 1: High - (Burst 100%)
- Config. 2: Max (100%) - Strobe
- Config. 3: Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 4: Low - Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 5: High - Medium - Low - (Burst)
- Config. 6: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon - (Burst)
- Low: 1 lumen, 45 hrs
- Medium: 15 lumens, 5 hrs
- High: 60 lumens, 1.2 hrs
- Max: 100 lumens, 1 hr-
- Burst: 100 lumens, 1 hr (30 seconds burst, then steps down to high)
LED TypeNichia 219C (SM503) 5000K 92+ CRI
battery typeAAA NiMh (included)
WeightWeight (with batteries): 1.4 oz
DimensionsLength: 3.4" / Diameter: 0.57"
Body Materials6/4 (Grade 5) Titanium
Window GlassOptical grade glass (2 side AR coated)
Water ResistanceIPX8 (1m)
Where it's Made