Foursevens x Carryology Preon P1 Onibi
* This package includes our USB-A NiMh charger and 2x AAA NiMh batteries so you are never left in the dark.
* Please charge your batteries before use ;)
Nichia 519A 9080
Two years in the making: We started talking with Carryology about this project in February of 2021. With the ups and downs of the pandemic, supply chain shortages, and general chaos in the world it took us a while to get here, but the day has finally arrived. This batch is limited and we have them in stock and ready to ship!
The Collaboration Design: The Foursevens x Carryology Preon P1 Onibi features their trademark pattern and color scheme. We went through many iterations and initially planned to laser engrave the pattern on the body. That would be the smart/logical approach. Earlier Preons had a rough machined texture on the body affectionately known as “the pocket grater.” I eliminated this on the MKIII Preons. Laser engraving titanium can leave equally rough edges. We needed the pattern, but what to do?
The only option was to level up. We ultimately chose to CNC machine the pattern with a single point PCD diamond engraving tool. This single engraving operation takes 30 minutes for every light. That’s about 500 hours of machine time…just to cut the engraving. It’s a stupid idea from a manufacturing standpoint, but sometimes the "stupid" way is the only way to get the result you want ;)
Ti Preons are a rarity. We’ve only done one other batch since I took over in 2018. Of course we use 6Al4V (Grade 5) Titanium for the ultimate in corrosion resistance and durability. The orange switch retainer is made from 6061 Aluminum and Type II anodized.
I already mentioned the LED, but it’s the tip of the proverbial spear…when your spear is really a flashlight. TLDR-The Carryology Preon P1 MKIII features the best looking LED we’ve ever put into a flashlight, the Nichia 519A 9080. This is the first time the LED has been available in a Preon.
Alkaline Battery Warning
Every Preon ships with an included rechargeable NiMh battery.
Alkaline battery damage is the #1 cause of failed lights. Alkaline battery damage IS NOT covered under warranty.
Alkaline batteries will power the Preon, but we strongly discourage their use. Alkaline batteries leak and/or produce corrosive gas during use. This will destroy your flashlight.
Using a very fast double press, burst mode (100%) output is directly accessible from any previous level, and reverts to the last saved mode. Experts agree that most flashlights are used at lower level outputs, but sometimes you need to dial it to up. We've got you covered on both counts.
- Foursevens x Carryology Preon P1 Onibi Flashlight
- GP Recyko Pro AAA battery (x2)
- USB-A dual channel NiMh battery charger
- 2 Spare O-rings
- Instruction Manual
Operating your Preon is simple:
- Make sure that the battery is inserted with the positive side (+) toward the head.
- To turn it on press or click the tailcap button.
- A press allows momentary activation of the light, and should be used to cycle modes. Only use a click to lock in your selected mode.
- A quick off/on cycle changes modes.
- Two very quick off/on cycles activates burst mode.
- Enter configuration mode with 10 on/off cycles (presses) in less than 3 seconds, and hold the light on after the last press: The light will begin to blink a number of times corresponding to the selected configuration. For example if you are in Config. 3: 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks. If there is no input for 5 seconds the light will exit configuration mode.
- Turn the light off for 5 seconds to save the current configuration to memory
All Preons are initially set to Configuration 3 with Medium/High/Burst. They can be reconfigured as often as you'd like.
Here are the possible configurations:
- Config. 1: High - (Burst 100%)
- Config. 2: Max (100%) - Strobe
- Config. 3: Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 4: Low - Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 5: High - Medium - Low - (Burst)
- Config. 6: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon - (Burst)
- Low: 1 lumen, 45 hrs
- Medium: 15 lumens, 5 hrs
- High: 60 lumens, 1.2 hrs
- Max: 100 lumens, 1 hr-
- Burst: 100 lumens, 1 hr (30 seconds burst, then steps down to high)
LED TypeNichia 519A 9080 (SM403) 4000K 90+ CRI
battery typeAAA NiMh (included)
WeightWeight (with batteries): 1.4 oz
DimensionsLength: 3.4" / Diameter: 0.57"
Body Materials6/4 (Grade 5) Titanium & Type II Anodized 6061 Aluminum
Window GlassOptical grade glass (2 side AR coated)
Water ResistanceIPX8 (1m)
Where it's Made