Shop our instagram gallery
The third time is the charm
introducing the third generation Preon P1 MKIII, the most refined Preon ever
A Foursevens staple: the third generation Preon P1 MKIII is AAA battery powered and surprisingly bright. With a brand new interface, the Preon gives you versatility without cluttering your flashlight with unneeded modes. Want more options?
The Preon has six re-configurable user interfaces ranging from a single maximum-output mode to having all six distinct modes ready for quick access. You can set the light to be as simple or as complex as you need it. Great things do come in small packages.
What's new with the Preon P1 MKIII
- User interface: a similar to the previous UI but revamped for better usability and wider appeal to different owners. Details below.
- Pocket clip: The previous Preon clip was actually patterned after my legendary Prometheus clips. We took that a step further and made it an exact copy out of stainless steel. This clip is substantially thicker than previous Preon clips and has better ergonomics.
- Body Machining: I opted to remove the grooving from the area underneath the clip to prevent the light from tearing up your pockets.
- Tail Cap: Accidental activation plagued both previous generations of Preons. The new rubber button solves this issue while remaining functional and feeling solid.
- Nichia LED: You already know that I'm focused on usable light over maximum lumens. From now on, all Preons feature the lauded Nichia 219C in order to deliver solid output ad 92+ CRI (Color Rendering Index). The Preon never looked so good!
- Tailcap Switch: The switch is a brand new low-resistance model that allows the Preon to match the lumen output of previous lights (100+ lumens) yet deliver High CRI.
- Hybrid Memory: A blend of memory and no-memory, the hybrid configuration saves the last mode used, but reverts to the first mode in the sequence when shifting out of a saved mode.
- Rechargeable NiMh AAA battery included
- 92+ CRI (Color Rendering Index)
- Invisible High Frequency PWM (yes really)
- Water Resistance = IPX8
NEW USER INTERFACE (UI):
All Preons feature a new interface with six selectable configuration modes so you can customize your Preon specifically to your needs. Other features include the following:
What's up with burst mode? : This feature is ported over from the flagship Prometheus Alpha Flashlights. It allows you to access maximum output at any time without scrolling through other modes. This also allows you to have maximum output when you need it, but conserve battery by using the standard high mode (60% output) for normal use.
Burst mode is activated with two very fast off/on cycles (.2 second spacing) and does not have mode memory. Burst is active for 30 seconds and then ramps down to high mode over the following 30 seconds. This is to prevent the light from overheating and damaging the LED, electronics, or battery wrapper.
All Preons are initially set to Configuration 3 with Medium/High/Burst. They can be reconfigured as often as you'd like.
Entering Configuration Mode:
Just power cycle (on/off) the light 10 times in <3 seconds to enter configuration mode. The light will blink a number of times corresponding to the current configuration. One power cycle will change to the next configuration. Leave the light off for 5 seconds to save the current configuration to memory.
When entering configuration mode you should use a "press" and not a "click."
A button press will activate the light in momentary mode. A click is audible and latches the light in the "on" state. Basically clicking is too slow and pressing allows faster on/off cycling :)
Here are the possible configurations:
- Config. 1: High - (Burst 100%)
- Config. 2: Max (100%) - Strobe
- Config. 3: Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 4: Low - Medium - High - (Burst)
- Config. 5: High - Medium - Low - (Burst)
- Config. 6: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS - Beacon - (Burst)
ALKALINE BATTERY WARNING
Alkaline battery damage is the #1 cause of failed lights. Alkaline battery damage IS NOT covered under warranty.
Alkaline batteries will power the Preon, but we strongly discourage their use. Alkaline batteries leak and/or produce corrosive gas during use. This will destroy your flashlight. Every Preon ships with an included rechargeable NiMh battery. You can purchase additional batteries and chargers through this link.MAJOR BENEFITS OF USING NIMH RECHARGEABLES:
- Full power for the life of the battery: Alkalines lose power as they run down.
- They don't leak: and you know alkalines leak and ruin your stuff all the time.
- ReCyko+ lasts for more 1000 charges: One battery vs. 1000 alkalines!
- Low Self Discharge: 80% charge retention at 6 months
- The best option for flashlights: or any device for that matter.
- Same performance as expensive lithium disposables: without the waste.
|Dimensions||Length: 3.4 in |
Diameter: 0.57 in
Weight (with batteries): 1.4 oz
|LED Emitter||Nichia 219C (SM503) 5000K 92+ CRI|
|Brightness Levels||(With 1xAAA NiMH battery) |
Low: 1 lumen, 45 hrs
Medium: 15 lumens, 5 hrs
High: 60 lumens, 1.2 hrs
Max: 100 lumens, 1 hr-
Burst: 100 lumens, 1 hr
|Special Modes||Strobe (20hz) |
|Body Material||6/4 (Grade 5) Titanium|
|Lens Material||Optical-grade glass lens with anti-reflective coating on both sides|
|Included Accessories||NiMh Rechargeable Battery & Spare O-Rings|
|Where it's Made|