Surefire Titan Ti Pocket Clip
make your titan work like it should...
ADJUSTING CLIP TENSION:
I should have taken photos but...we'll do this the hard way.
- Remove the clip and install it in reverse, with the clip sticking out into the air
- Make sure the clip is clamped tightly between the tailcap and the body, like a vise.
- Grip the free end of the clip, near the bend, and gently bend the clip further.
- Put some masking tape around the body so you don't scratch it
- Remove the clip and install in the normal direction and you are all set
Option: Ti Anodizie+ $5.00
I have recently switched over to anodizing my Ti clips. This process uses electricity instead of heat to develop the oxide layer. This oxide layer refracts light at different wave lenths and can present different colors, kind of like oil on water. I offer two versions: Prometheus Blue (above left) and Faded (above right). I do not offer other colors, or custom colors at this time.
What used to be a sheet of solid titanium (below). Waterjet is really an amazing technology. For those of you that don't know, the machine literally uses a stream of water (laden with garnet abrasive) to cut the material. You know, like a waterpik that you clean your teeth with? Like that, but bigger. A large waterjet machine will cut up to 6 inches of solid steel (or granite) or anything else you put underneath it. That makes me giddy just thinking about it.
|Clip Dimensions||OD =.5" / ID= .435"|
|Clip Material||Aerospace Certified 6Al/4V Titanium|
|Where it's Made|