Limited Lifetime Warranty
> Materials & Workmanship
- I personally warrant my products to be free from (gross) defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product (regardless of the owner) or the lifetime of the company...whichever comes first. Hey, I'm just being practical.
- This includes failure of the LED module. The LED is not covered if the light has been otherwise severely damaged, but it can be replaced for the cost of components, labor, and shipping.
I do not attempt to deliver cosmetically perfect products. Minor cosmetic defects in the surface and/or finish should be expected and are not covered by warranty. Nicks, dings, and scratches are common. Everything I make goes through dozens of handling steps. Materials like aluminum, brass, and copper are very soft. My shop is full of machinery and tools that are made of hardened steel. Add gravity to the equation and you can see the potential for small defects.
I do not attempt to remove "machining marks" from my products, so you should expect to see evidence of the machining process. Customers often comment that an absence of visible machining marks is the "mark" of a high quality product. This is absolutely false. Typically surface finishing is a means to hide mistakes and poor quality. If you are a machinist, these tool marks tell a story about the skill of the machinist and the care/precision the parts were made with.
> Electronics & Components
- LED drivers, batteries, chargers, and charger adapters are covered for a period of 1 year after purchase. This applies only to random "failure" and not failure because of physical "damage." I reserve the right to differentiate between failure and damage.
- Batteries purchased from me will not be covered if the safety circuitry has been tripped as a result of over-charging or over-discharging. I can tell. Do not continue to use an Alpha flashlight once the "low battery warning" has been activated.
> "Wear" Items
- Wear items like o-rings, front glass windows, switches, and switch boots are not covered under warranty. However, if you send the light back I'm happy to service the light for the cost of components and shipping.
- Threads and o-rings must be kept lubricated and clean to prevent damage to the light. I highly recommend you purchase the "maintenance kit" because ALL equipment requires preventative maintenance. It's like changing the oil in your car...you don't have to do it, but it will keep it from breaking down.
> Upgrades & Modifications
- If you would like your light upgraded or modified, I'm happy to do so for the cost of components, labor, and shipping. Contact me for an estimate. Just to give you an idea, my shop rate is $100 per hour with a .5 hour minimum.
> Catastrophic Damage
- It happens. If your light suffers catastrophic damage, I'm happy to repair it for the cost of components, labor, and shipping. Contact me for an estimate. Of course it's possible that "catastrophic damage" means the light is unrepairable.
> Warranty Resolution
- Please contact me, by email, before you return any items.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Warranty options in order of preference include: repair, component replacement, complete replacement. I will choose the best option, at my discretion. I'm a fair guy so you should expect a fair deal. For example, if there is a problem in the tailcap I will not replace the entire light, I'll fix the tailcap.
- In all cases you must pay for shipping the light (or other item) back to me, and I will pay to have it shipped back to you. I call this my "Even-Steven Return Policy." I know it's not typical, but I think it's fair. Please keep in mind I'm a customer as well :)
- If your item is delivered Dead on Arrival (DoA), please email me and we'll work out an arrangement on a case-by-case basis.
> The "don't be a jerk" clause
- I'm just one guy and I do the best work I can. If you have a problem with one of my products and you are nice about it, I'll go out of my way to exceed your expectations. If you have a problem and you are a jerk about it, you should expect me to respond in kind. Seriously. I don't have the time or patience to deal with unreasonable people, and since I'm making the rules, that's my rule.